Vandals fire shotgun at unoccupied van
Vandals riddled a broken-down van with a shotgun, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Shirley Clontz Ramsey reported her van was shot at after it broke down and she left it at 1900 Bringle Ferry Road between Feb. 7 and 9.
In other Police Department reports:
– A 50-year-old male reported he was assaulted with a knife Feb. 10 at 600 N. Shaver St.
– Rhonda Sheryl Thompson reported a Feb. 10 vandalism at 127 S. Main St.
– Jeffrey John Dyser reported his credit card stolen between Feb. 7 and 9 at 2108 Statesville Blvd.
– Three tool sets were stolen during a Feb. 10 break-in at Rouzer Motor Parts, 330 Depot St.
– Cathy Diane Rhodes, 40, and Jeffrey Keith Ramey, 41, were charged Feb. 10 with misdemeanor larceny of items from the Goodwill donation trailer in the Kmart parking lot at 815 E. Innes St.
– Baxter Fleming reported a Feb. 9 break-in at a vacant house at 521 W. Horah St.
– A burglar tried to break into Lazy Five Vet Clinic, 2916 S. Main St., on Feb. 10.
– A burglar broke into Electronic Tax, 917 S. Main St. Feb. 11.
– Money was stolen during a break-in at Flora Steel, 920 Rowan Ave., the night of Feb. 10.
– Vandals broke windows Feb. 11 at China Rainbow, 1510 Stokes Ferry Road.
– Gary Michael Jones reported someone used his identity Feb. 11 to buy a computer.
– Dionne Mitchell reported her wallet was stolen from her purse by a pick-pocket as she stood in a line at a store at 2141 Statesville Blvd. Feb. 11.
– Leonard Parnell Bolt reported money stolen from his 300 Gold Hill Drive home between Jan. 30 and Feb. 11.
– Anita Hall Stoval,432 Willow Road, reported Feb. 11 that she had hired a workman to remodel her kitchen, but the suspect stole the kitchen cabinets between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31, 2007.
– Crystal C. Phifer reported her pocketbook was stolen Feb. 11 from her vehicle while it was parked at 67 Hill St.
– Kevin O’Neal Harris, 22, was charged Feb. 11 with embezzlement at Harris Teeter, 850 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Clayton Dubois Ramsey reported someone had forged and uttered his personal checks Feb. 11 at 325 E. Innes St. and 130 S. Main St.
– Teresa Genty Adams, 46, 1412 Van Nuys St., was charged Feb. 12 with felony possession of a controlled substance, simple possession of a Schedule III controlled substance and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. She was held under total secured bond of $6,000 pending a March 19 trial date.
– Kenneth Michael Kirkman, 44, 313 Mildred Ave., was charged Feb. 12 with possession of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop on Standish Street. Trial date is March 24.
– Aregenail Graham reported a suspect did not pay his cab fare Feb. 12 at 319 Bendix Drive.
– A 46-year-old female reported she was assaulted Feb. 12 at 505 Cedar St.
– Philip Anthony Kruger reported a prescription stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 800 E. Innes St. Feb. 12.
– Cadeidre Savahnette Sullivan, 21, 130 Knotty Pine Circle, was charged Feb. 12 with felony obtaining property by false pretense at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St. She was held under $1,000 secured bond pending the next session of Rowan Superior Court.
– Theodore Warren Cowan, 38, 921 N. Jackson St., was charged Feb. 12 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver cocaine, resisting, delaying an obstructing a public officer, communicating threats and second-degree trespassing at 410 W. 15th St. He was held under total secured bond of $5,500.
– William Herndon Jr. was charged Feb. 13 with misdemeanor larceny at Rushco No. 4, 1901 W. Innes St.
– Terry Issac Brown Jr., 24, 706 S. Ellis St., was charged Feb. 13 with felony larceny of a motor vehicle based on a complaint by Amy Lauren Gillespie, 103 Elmwood Drive. He was held under $3,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Robert Leroy Wilhelm, 56, was charged Feb. 11 with possession of weapons by a felon at 215 Faith Road.
– Todd Clayton Hagans, 24, was charged Feb. 11 with carrying concealed weapons at 215 Faith Road.
– Michael Dywane Connor, 21, was charged Feb. 11 with assault on a female.
– Amy Lauren Gillespie, 24, was charged Feb. 11 with larceny of four cartons of cigarettes from Rushco No. 11, 2004 Statesville Blvd.
– Darerus Ladale Boyd, 27, was charged Feb. 13 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Shinikkii Monay Harris. He was held pending a bond hearing pending a May 12 trial date.
– Vonnie Elizabeth Krider reported a motor vehicle stolen Feb. 13 from 402 Park Ave.
– Faith Denny Poole and Susan Denney reported their credit cards were stolen Feb. 9 from their home and then used between Feb. 11 and 13 at 1015 E. Innes St.
– Darrius Tyrell Massey, 21, 205 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., was charged Feb. 13 with simple assault based on a complaint by Mitchell Lewis Litaker, 265 Litaker Road.
– Erica Philece Alexander, 18, 309 E. Fisher St., was charged Feb. 14 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer and assault on a government official at 212 Fairson Ave. She was held under $3,000 secured bond pending a March 12 trial date.
– Tiara Nicole Kirkley, 18, 1216 Bell St., was charged Feb. 14 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 212 Fairson Ave. She was held under $500 secured bond pending a March 12 trial date.
– Dee Ann Gantt reported Feb. 13 that someone had tried to use her stolen debit/credit card Feb. 11 at 517 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Amarillo Deshaun Bryant, 25, was charged Feb. 13 with misdemeanor larceny of a $19.99 video game from Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
– Rebecca Shelenda Johnson, 20, 309 E. Fisher St., was charged Feb. 14 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer, assault on a government official, vandalism to real property and injury to personal property at 212 Fairson St. She was held under $2,000 secured bond pending a March 12 trial date.
– Tools, motor oil, antifreeze and windshield washer fluid was stolen during a burglary at Rives Motor Co., 1616 E. Innes St., the night of Feb. 13.
– Shyann Christina Durham, 16, 1014 Celebration Drive, was charged Feb. 14 with vandalism to real property and injury to personal property based on a complaint by Vincent Durham, same address. She was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a March 27 trial date.
– Eva Shipton, 400 Heilig Ave., reported garden equipment stolen Feb. 14 from her storage building.
– Connie Hamilton was charged Feb. 14 with misdemeanor larceny of meat and fruit from Food Lion, 525 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Donnell Deangelo Adkins, 19, 106 Scott Road, was charged Feb. 14 with two counts of vandalism to real property based in a complaint by Ivory Nicole Gladden, 1710 N. Long St., No. 2. Trial date is March 28.
– Shayla Elizabeth Halstead, 16, Mckenzie Leigh Wilson, 22, and Enchantra Harwood Beattie, 35, were all charged Feb. 13 with concealment of merchandise at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Mitchell Lewis Litaker, 43, 946 Wenko Drive, Lexington, was charged Feb. 14 with assault by pointing a gun. He was released on a written promise to appear in court March 20.