Posters April 17
Deadline for Posters is 5 p.m.
• Postponed, due to the heavy rains, Faithful Friends will move Sniff N’ Snag to April 25.
• Prayer breakfast Saturday sponsored by Smith Chapel Apostolic Holiness Missionaries. Registration 8:30 a.m., prayer service 9 a.m., Southern style breakfast afterward. $10. Info at 704-232-8116 or 704-278-0387.
• Salisbury Gun & Knife Show, Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Rowan County Fairgrounds, $7. A family friendly event with great food and lots to look at. firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-798-6162.
• 9th annual Touch-A-Truck event, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, hands-on opportunity to explore vehicles and occupations. Free. Rain date May 2. Held in the Salisbury Post parking lot downtown. www.salisburync.gov/Play
• Shining Stars Spring Dance, Saturday, 9 p.m-2 a.m., Harold B. Jarrett American Legion Post. DJ Flowe, BYOB, free food. $10 in advance; $15 at door.
• Rainbow Tea at 4 p.m. Saturday, sponsored by Hall’s Chapel Primitive Baptist Church Pastor’s Anniversary Committee. Held at the NC-Virginia Primitive Baptist State Conference & Worship Center, 515 Miller Ave., East Spencer.
• Astronomical Society of Rowan, 7:30 p.m. Saturday: monthly meeting plus stargazing, weather permitting. 1920 Deal Road. www.astrowan.org
• Rowan County Tea Party, April 21, 6 p.m. dinner at Statesville Blvd. Blue Bay, 7 p.m. presentation on The Convention of States project.
• Strategies for Successful Aging, 6:30-8 p.m., April 30. Gateway Bldg., 204 E. Innes St. Panel presentation on financial planning, downsizing, relocation, home care services, selecting a retirement facility. Light refreshments, door prizes. No charge. RSVP by 2 p.m. on April 30. 704-267-5131.