• 63°

Rowan weather: More clouds and wind

Are you ready for another windy, cloudy day?

We have a 30 percent chance of showers mainly between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. It will be cloudy and 68. Southwest wind will be at 7-15 mph, gusting as high as 23 mph. Less than a tenth of an inch of rain is expected.

Tonight will be mostly cloudy and 51, with southwest wind at 5-9 mph shifting to the west southwest. Patchy fog is possible after 3 a.m.

Wednesday will have a 40 percent chance of rain before 9 a.m., then a chance of showers after 10 a.m. Patchy fog is possible until around 9. It will be mostly cloudy and 68, with southwest wind around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Wednesday night will have a 30 percent chance of showers before 10 p.m. Then it will be mostly cloudy and 46, with calm wind. Again, less than a tenth of an inch of rain is expected.

Thursday will be partly sunny and 70, with a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 3 p.m. Winds will be south around 5 mph in the afternoon.

The chance of showers Thursday night will be 40 percent, with more clouds and a low of 57.

Friday will be warm, 72, with mostly cloudy skies and a 50 percent chance of showers. The chance of rain decreases to 40 percent Friday night, with a low of 44 and mostly cloudy skies.

Saturday will be partly sunny and cooler, with a high of 58. We’ll have a 40 percent chance of showers. The chance of rain goes up Saturday night to 60 percent, with showers after 10 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy and 52.

Sunday will also have a 60 percent chance of showers. It will be cloudy and 54. The chance of rain Sunday night will be 50 percent, with mostly cloudy skies and a low of 42.

Monday, the rain sticks with us, with a 50 percent chance of showers. It will be mostly cloudy and 55.

Comments

Crime

Blotter: More than $100,000 in property reported stolen from Old Beatty Ford Road site

Local

City fights invasive beetles by injecting trees with insecticide

Local

City names downtown recipients for federal Parks Service grant

China Grove

China Grove Town Council weighs 2021-22 budget priorities, supports buying body cameras

Education

Educators reflect on Teacher Appreciation Week

Education

Livingstone College wins $30,000 Home Depot grant

Education

Shoutouts

News

Shield-A-Badge With Prayer program enters 26th year, accepting volunteers to pair with officers

Education

COVID-19 infection, quarantine numbers in Rowan-Salisbury Schools reach new highs

High School

High school football: Offensive line came together for Hornets, who play for state title tonight

Local

Pro baseball: White makes pro debut and says, ‘It felt amazing to be out there’

Education

West Rowan Middle eighth grader wins investment writing contest

Local

YSUP Rowan invites agencies to participate in youth-focused training

Nation/World

US backs waiving intellectual property rules on vaccines

News

As demand drops, Cooper visits vaccine clinic to urge usage

News

NC lawmakers advance bill barring mandatory COVID-19 shots

News

N.C. bill banning Down syndrome abortions nears floor vote

Coronavirus

Rowan County sees 301st death from COVID-19

Coronavirus

N.C. lawmakers advance bill barring mandatory COVID-19 shots

Local

Rowan Public Library joins initiative to help people with digital connectivity

Local

Mocksville to dissolve police department

Crime

Blotter: May 5

Local

Salisbury’s McElroy named top city, county communications professional in state

Local

Locals condemn use of force during 2019 traffic stop of Georgia woman